Mark and I both had and are getting over colds at the same time..So I made some nice chicken soup..I had a soup mix already and added to it..Some cooked chopped up chicken and some celery and onions..
You also add water to the mix, 9 cups and add it all together...
Easy as 1-2-3!
I also had pasta salad with spinach, cheese toast, guacalmole, hot tea and water with lemon...
Here's a recipe below if you don't have a soup mix...
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1/2 pound chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 1/2 cups egg noodles
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot over medium heat, melt butter. Cook onion and celery in butter until just tender, 5 minutes. Pour in chicken and vegetable broths and stir in chicken, noodles, carrots, basil, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes before serving.